Friday, January 13, 2012

Karen's First Conference

Posted by:
Karen Madison
PH patient, Lexington, S.C.

My name is Karen, and I am super excited about attending my first Conference. I was diagnosed in Oct. 2007 and was misdiagnosed for four years. I was at a total loss when they told me that PH is a rare incurable disease and didn't know what to ask or what to do. Several weeks after they diagnosed me they told me I also had lung cancer, which proved to be false.

I finally got on the computer and started looking up the programs our local hospitals offer in hopes of finding something to attend where I could learn more about this and not be alone in it. I found that Lexington Hospital did have a PH support group that met every other month. So I called the number listed, and my husband and I went to our first meeting. Doug Taylor is a wonderful leader, and the folks that come and speak to us are very informative. We have learned a lot and no longer feel like we're on our own.

I'm looking forward to learning more at the Conference and helping out with the research. I know there is still a lot to learn and things are changing all the time.

Thank you PHA for all the information that you send out to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment