Thursday, July 12, 2012

Education, Friends and Excellent Ambiance

by Delia Rivera, PH patient

I am so happy to say that I was able to attend the conference in Orlando, Florida, and I was honored to have taken a friend of mine who is also a patient and is a member of our support group that my husband Michael started in Corpus Christi, TX. She had never been to a conference, and I had been to the one in Houston so I had some experience and I was more than happy to show her the ropes.

We were blown away when we entered the hotel, the ambiance was excellent. I would rate the hotel with five stars and not to mention the staff. "Oh my god,” I have never felt so welcomed and they were so hospitable. I met Debbie Castro (she’s one busy lady). I also met so many others.

I learned so much at the conference. It was very educational, and we had a lot of vendors from different pharmaceuticals who were very informative. I was also asked to be a mentor for patients on Tyvaso since I happen to be on it and of course without hesitation I said yes. I love being able to help out hers who need help or just need someone to talk to.

I will try really hard to attend the one in Indianapolis. If you didn’t attend the conference I strongly suggest you attend the next one, you will love it. Thank you to the Pulmonary Hypertension Association for putting together the conferences. I know we all appreciate your dedication. Thank you to all the sponsors for the grants they donated to help us go to these conferences!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment