Thursday, June 28, 2012

An Amazing Conference Fosters Awesome Connections

By Alex Flipse, PH Patient

The Pulmonary Hypertension Association's 10th International Conference and Scientific Sessions took place this weekend, June 22-24, 2012, and it was the best it has ever been! From the Medically Led Sessions to the Patient/Family Breakout Sessions, to the Skill Building Sessions (which I spoke at), it was all AMAZING!!! Meeting all my PHriends from online - Facebook, PHFamily, Spanish Language PHriends - was the best part of Conference by far!

I met PHriends I have known online for many, many years, but never in person - Jen Lalonde, for example! Seeing phriends that I've seen at previous Conferences was awesome!!! Stuart Berwick, Diane Ramirez, Ellen Harris, Migdalia Denis, Marcia Beverly, Ornah Levy - oh so many people!!!

PHA staff was amazing, too!!! Going in to volunteer on a regular basis, I've known PHA staff for some time now, but the work and dedication I saw this weekend was well beyond the call of duty! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment