Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Meet Your Conference Roving Reporters!

Earlier this year PHA put out the call for aspiring teen journalists in the PH community to participate in our Roving Reporter contest. The contest winners will be assigned activities to write about each day at Conference for the next morning’s edition of Table Talk, the Conference daily print newsletter distributed to Conference attendees.

Congratulations to Olivia Hess, Nicole Northrop and Meera Salamah, our Roving Reporters for PHA’s 10th International PH Conference and Scientific Sessions! Read on to meet these teens, and look for them at Conference as they cover each day’s happenings. They might even interview you!

Olivia Hess
Olivia is the sister of PH patient Iain Hess. She says, “For fun, I love to dance, ski, swim, play sports, and spend time with family and friends. Two years ago at the Conference in California, I had such a great time meeting people and going places. I am really looking forward to the Conference overall, being able to see the friends I made, and everything else it has in store. I'm so happy to be able to be a Roving Reporter. Even though I don't have PH myself, I’m really excited to be able to show other people my perspective of what my brother and other people have to deal with on a daily basis.”

Nicole Northrop
Nicole was diagnosed with PH on January 22, 2010. For fun, she enjoys playing on the computer, drawing, writing and exploring photography. Nicole is really looking forward to this Conference because it will be her very first time at a PHA International PH Conference! As a Roving Reporter, she is looking forward to the opportunity to practice her reporting skills, enjoy herself and have fun at the largest gathering of PH patients, caregivers and medical professionals in the world!

Meera Salamah
Meera was diagnosed with PH in April 2008. “I love reading and painting and cooking (especially the eating part). I also enjoy writing short stories, and I spend a lot of time with my family,” she says. “At Conference, I am really excited to meet new people, learn about new treatments, volunteer and be a Roving Reporter! I love to write and this really gives me an opportunity to have a lot of fun and stretch my wings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment