Thursday, June 28, 2012

Conference: A Phenomenal Experience for Patients and Families

By Mary Jo Piatek, PH Patient

Wow, what a great experience this Conference was for me. I learned about PH and understand this disease so much better now. I would like to thank PHA; I was a lucky person to receive a scholarship for the Conference. Without it, it may have been a problem to get there. I went with my sister; both of us were glad we went. She even said she understands this disease a little bit better, as well as understands the way I feel.

It's such a big world out there and sometimes you think you are all alone, but now I know that is not the case. I talked to different people and know we are all in it together.

I can't say enough about PHA and the hard work and dedication the staff put into this; I'm happy I joined and am a part of it. I do wish the disease can be caught much earlier, and one day I hope we have a cure for it.

I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago and had never heard of it before. I guess you can say it was a new beginning; sometimes it's still hard to accept. I know there were some people at Conference a lot worse off than me and some were so much better.

All the speakers were great; the Drs. and nurses were just as great. Once again, I thank everyone who is involved. You're doing a great job and it shows. I hope to attend the next Conference in Indiana as well. Keep up the great work and thank you again. It was an experience I will never forget.
WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment